The last day of work on Friday was very nice. They put on a special morning tea, like they have done the past two weeks for other staff members who left, and everyone signed a card. I even got relieved of reception duty for the last half hour so I could join the happy hour early! That definitely put a smile on my face. I brought my camera to work and took photos of the walk to work and of my coworkers, so those will be up... uh... eventually. (Don't hold your breath!)
Saturday, I woke up early and I was up. I just had all these things running through my head to do and couldn't make them shut up, so I just got up and got started. It was a good thing I did too, because I was running around crazy until the party at 3. I had a little get-together in the park where we played cricket and ate cookies and had a little barbecue. Photos from that will also be coming... later.
Finally it was me, Alex, Dan, and Haidee left at the park, and we headed back to the house. Matt rejoined us after his dinner commitment, and Chris dropped by too and we played poker. (I also packed - only took about an hour.) When Chris left, we headed out to one of the local bars in West End and got home late.
Dan took me to the airport in the morning. Brisbane airport is very small. There was no line for security - but that might have also had something to do with the lack of actual security there. No one looked at my boarding pass or ID. I discovered later this is because the riff raff are allowed inside to meet people at the gate! How old-fashioned.
Anyway I'm in Melbourne now, safe and sound, and given the lack of sleep for the past two days it's high time I hit the hay! More later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment