Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Up the Track

Yes... with 7 hours of driving per day, you would think we'd see something exciting. Anything, really. What did we see? Lots of kangaroo roadkill. Coupla birds. Termite mounds (seriously - huge and gross). Yep... that's about it. Pretty boring. I did get to ride shotgun/guest DJ a couple of times, and got to talk to Luke, which was fun. It was interesting to watch the countryside change and the trees (and termite mounds) get bigger as we moved into an area with more water.

We stopped one night in the middle of nowhere called Banka Banka for some swag camping and some of the girls made a horror film on their digital camera that they called "The Banka Banka Bloodshed" starring Luke as the Banka Banka Butcher. I also managed to leave my camera behind in one place and it will be sent along to my friend that I'm staying with in Sydney. I'm looking forward to having it back! Needless to say... photos will be delayed... :(

Ok, that's all I have time for. Tonight's dinner is likely going to be crocodile - saw some on the various river cruises we took in the past couple of days! :) One more night in Darwin and then the tour is over and I make my way to Sydney!

No comments: