Boy, they sure do like their monarchs here in Australia. Today, walking on Elizabeth St, I passed George St, Albert St, Edward St, and Queen St. There is also a Margaret St somewhere nearby. In Sydney, two of the main drags (they run parallel to each other) are George and Elizabeth. This is in addition to them still celebrating the Queen's Birthday. Yow.
So, the bus plan was not such a good idea. I don't know that it would've been a good idea even if I hadn't been sick, had been able to sleep, and didn't feel like a zombie when I got off the bus this morning. The interesting thing about traveling overnight on a bus, in case you were wondering, is that once the sun rises there's not a *whole* lot you can do about it. The bus did have little curtains, but they were pretty ineffectual. I did take a little nap after I had some lunch, and feel a little less zombie-ish, but I am looking forward to bed tonight - early!
I did meet one of my roommates at the hostel who is a German girl also looking for work. I helped her with her resume a bit today; she's off at some other internet cafe typing it up. I got myself a paper so I can look at housing ads; I'll see if she wants the Help Wanted section.
"How are you going" means how are you doing. Note to self. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hello to you in Brisbane. Hope you are feeling better and recovered from the bus adventure. Looking forward to hearing more about Brisbane, housing, etc.
Love, Mom
Such adventures! I hope the job interview goes/went well! :)
I hope you're feeling better! And good luck with everything in Brisbane. How'd the meeting on Thursday go?
Post a Comment