It's sort of too bad that my last two weeks here will be filled with flatmate interviews. For some unknown reason, I need to be involved in the interviewing process, although as I pointed out to Alex, I would probably choose very different people than he would. His rationale is that ultimately the choice is Mia's, since we are looking for a girl to keep the male/female balance (otherwise she'd be fending for herself among four boys!), and if he can't make it to the interview for some reason, Mia needs someone's help in conducting the actual interview as she doesn't feel comfortable enough to do it on her own. I'm irked about the whole process on a number of levels, but it's not that big a deal, really, so I will sigh and get over it.
For some reason, the travel agent has sent me all my info separately - flight info in one email, hostel info in another, tour info in another, etc. And they're all PDFs. So I had a grand time the other night trying to consolidate all of it into one document for easy reference, because otherwise I will get to a city and realize I have no idea what hostel I'm going to or how to get there! It's great fun, really. This is, incidentally, how I realized that I don't have a hostel booked for Melbourne yet!
Yesterday was my supervisor's last day, so tonight we had an extra special happy hour (supposedly we were all going to a bar after but they were still in the office at 6:45, when I started getting hungry and made a beeline for home). One week left!
For some reason, the travel agent has sent me all my info separately - flight info in one email, hostel info in another, tour info in another, etc. And they're all PDFs. So I had a grand time the other night trying to consolidate all of it into one document for easy reference, because otherwise I will get to a city and realize I have no idea what hostel I'm going to or how to get there! It's great fun, really. This is, incidentally, how I realized that I don't have a hostel booked for Melbourne yet!
Yesterday was my supervisor's last day, so tonight we had an extra special happy hour (supposedly we were all going to a bar after but they were still in the office at 6:45, when I started getting hungry and made a beeline for home). One week left!

No comments:
Post a Comment